Monday, January 30, 2006

Skating With The Dancing Idols

Friends,

This year brings a whole lot 'o talent shows to prime time television. There is "Skating With Celebrities", "Dancing With The Stars" and "American Idol". I sheepishly admit I have seen at least part of every episode of all three.
  • My first excuse is, "Yes, but have you seen the dresses those lovely ladies don't wear?" I know that does not explain "Idol", but cut me some slack.
  • My second excuse is, "Yes, but my lovely wife enjoys these programs, it affords us an opportunity to spend recreational time together."
  • My final defense is, "Darn it! I'm allowed to wallow in this pop culture dreck and enjoy it! That's right! I ENJOY it!"
So let me ask you, "Do you watch any of these shows?" Are you secure enough in your masculinity and refined taste in culture to admit it? That's the ticket! I AM masculine. I DO have refined taste in the performing arts.

1 comment:

  1. I think the shows are fun. How many shows are on at the 8 o'clock hour that you can watch with your 2 year old that you all can enjoy? I know there is Emeril and baseball will be fun - this is cheap entertainment!!

    ReplyDelete