Friday, February 10, 2006

Olympic Coverage on NBC

Ok, I really like the Olympic Games. However, sometimes the television coverage simply leaves me cold. Even in the summer games. My only criticism so far is Jim Lampley. More specifically his hair. Mr. Lampley has salt-and-pepper hair. Nothing wrong with that. In a matter of weeks, I will also. However, the manner in which it is styled causes a hypnotic moiré effect. Perhaps it is just my TV.

The tube is broadcasting the opening ceremony as I type. Now I have a second gripe. Brian Williams just attempted to edify us that there is some sort ofcontroversyy brewing in Denmark about cartoons. Mr. Williams shares that this controversy hasn't been covered much in the United States. Perhaps he has this perception because he gets his news from broadcast network television. I think the cartoon controversy has captured the attention of American blogging. Jeesh.

1 comment:

  1. I remember Jim Lampley in LA before he had salt-and-pepper hair. Your right, the moire effect a distraction.

    ReplyDelete