Monday, June 19, 2006

My Indians Fever Broke

Indians fever had me in its grip for a short period earlier in the season. It must have been the 24 hour variety. The fever broke and now I just feel cold, clammy and have a bad taste left in my mouth. In my moments of fever-induced delirium, I thought there was a chance the Indians pitching would be solid and they would produce timely hits. I also thought they could play at least .500 ball. Not so much. The Tribe really isn't a very good team.

What to do if you are suffering as I suffer? Take two aspirin and call me next April.

2 comments:

  1. There is plenty of blame to go around for the Indians poor showing this year. They are fundamentally AWFUL, and for that I blame the coaching staff.
    The acquisitions they made (and overpaid for) this offseason have bombed. Byrd has been a .500 career pitcher....why is anyone surprised at that now? And for $7Million/year?
    To quote the late Paul Brown, "I don't blame you, I blame the person that HIRED you!". Shapiro and his staff have heralded the minor league sysytem that they have built, but do not have the Kahonas (sp?) to use it, either thru callups or trades for proven talent. It is time to pay the piper, Mark, and admit the blame is looking in your mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wake me up when we are on the up swing again!

    ReplyDelete