Thursday, February 22, 2007

What I hate about American Idol...

Did I mention that I watch American Idol? Yes? Did I explain that I realize it is really below my usually pretentious standards? Good. I hate one aspect of American Idol. This is their insane practice of handing a microphone to the person the voting public just voted off the show and asking that individual to "Sing for us one more time." Why? It is usually a bad practice to tell your customer "Thank you for your feedback. Here is more of what you like least." It makes no sense to me.

I suppose they are hoping the newly-minted loser will break down, slobbering and sobbing. That would be good live TV, of course. But it never really seems to happen that way. Now that I think about it, Chris Sligh might be entertaining when they send him packing. I see him going down in a blaze of glory.


,

No comments:

Post a Comment