Monday, March 05, 2007

Playing .600 Ball

Well, It is early. And it is Spring Training. But at least I can take comfort that my beloved Cleveland Indians are 3-2 so far in the Grapefruit League. This will be the first year in several that I will not make the spring training road trip. And for some reason I think it is making me follow it more closely.

I really do not know what to thing about "our" chances this year. Brother Drew thinks it all rests in the bullpen. (Or did I just misquote you?) I can't argue with that. We agree that Mr. Wedge might just have a make or break year. I heard an interview with Paul Byrd this morning on the radio. He basically took blame for a lousy year i 2006. He pointed out that late in the season Cleveland and Chicago had similar ERAs and runs scored statistics, but that the Pale Hose had a much better won-loss record. Proving once again that there is only one statistic that counts.

,

No comments:

Post a Comment