Thursday, February 07, 2008

A Daring Political Prediction

Given Mitt's retirement from the electoral fray, I now feel confident in a prediction; the next President of the United States of America will be plucked from the US Senate. Republicans have Mac, the Dems have Hillary and BO.

I'm not crazy about the idea that our next chief executive might have never been a chief executive before. It is not a novel observation that the skills of a Senator do not really translate as well as the skills of a governor. If I pursue this line of argument it might lead you to think that I'm a Huckabee supporter. I'm not. And mostly because of his Tonight Show appearance.

He's a charming guy. But seeing a Governor from Arkansas jamming with a late show band gave me a flashback to the 90's.

I don't want to go back to the 90's. I really don't.