Monday, November 28, 2005

Did you know

that I went to College with Albert Belle? not at FSU, but at CSU in '92. He would pass by the couch area where me and my friends would sit. He would say hi to me everyday and I got his autograph for my boyfriend's brother. While he was signing his autograph my now brother-in-law reminded me to ask him if he wanted to play on our intra-mural basketball team that I wasn't a part of. He said he would have to check - I said why are you playing winter ball? He said no spring training - I should have known - he never played with us and then I never spoke with him again. I was proud - he was the first "friend" at CSU that I introduced my sister too - unfortunately he didn't get her name right. Having said all that - I still don't think he belongs in the HOF.

1 comment:

  1. One thing I can say about Mr. Belle is that I respect his dedication to education. I heard that he made efforts to continue his studies and get his degree even after he was pulling in the dough as a major leaguer. Some folks look at higher education as a means to a better paycheck. And many are sadly mistaken.

    ReplyDelete