Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Browns

I grew up with the Browns. I can recall seeing bumper stickers proclaiming the Browns "The Winningest Team in the NFL." I can list former Browns Greats quicker than I can list first cousins. I survived the Model debacle.

I can no longer abide what has become a complete and total embarassment. I would love to personally ask each and every player what it feels like to be Pittsburgh's b***.

I apologize for such negativity on Christmas Eve, but they had the nerve to take the field on Christmas Eve and roll over and play dead.

As long as fans continue to buy every seat in the house to watch lousy football, the Browns will continue to dwell in the cellar of the AFC North.

A joke stolen from a Packer's fan..."The Browns are changing their name to the Cleveland 'Possums. At home, they roll over and play dead and they get killed on the road."

One disgusted fan,

LJ

1 comment:

  1. LJ,

    I know how you feel. I remember when the team moved, I said "It's ok, I just found a few more hours free time on Sunday." Since the return, the most excitment I felt is was when a Chris Palmer team beat the Steelers. (Did they? My memory might be faded.)

    My in-laws are in town for Christmas. They reside in the Pittsburgh area. I understand the Steelers were very adamant this weeek in the media that destroying the Browns was important. Did you get the impression that the Browns REALLY wanted to beat Pittsburgh?

    ReplyDelete