Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Get the hot stove burning

The Indians are only a few weeks away from having the Pitchers and Catchers report. A new season a new outlook. I'm hoping the pitchers we signed in the off season will be able to work a little magic. The signing of Trot Nixon took me by surprise. At first thought - this dude is old why are we signing him? Then I realized he is the same age as me! oops! My second thought was - oh good Sin Soo Choo won't be our starting right fielder. We have a veteran who has a little pop in his bat. Not a young man who looks like he is playing little league with both ear flaps on his helmet.

I wonder if the equipment truck is leaving on Friday. Can anyone explain why the equipment truck leaves weeks before camp is to take place? Do they drive one state per day? Or is it a matter of having an extra week to get the equipment organized??

2 comments:

  1. They leave early because they CAN! It is usually about 10-20 degrees this week. You have a load of stuff to get to Florida.....who would hang around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, gas is down to $1.95 at my last fill-up. I'm thinking deisel is cheap, too. Too many people are in a hurry these days. I applaud the equipment manager for his foresight.

    ReplyDelete