Saturday, January 06, 2007

Never too soon to talk baseball

I just watched a good NFL playoff game. "Good" because it was a back and forth affair that came down to the last play of the game. But I am a Browns fan (I sometimes deny this), so pro football does not grab me by the lapels and hold my attention.

I want to talk baseball. Major League Baseball. Cleveland Indians baseball. I know that the Indians have all sorts of things to work on this Spring. Last season was disappointing. But the great thing about being and Indians fan is that you always hold hope for next year. (This optimism does not seep through to the Browns fan portion of my being.)

So, does the Tribe have a shot at something good this year? Will first base and right field be a mess? Will the bullpen solidify? What about Victor Martinez? CC? Can Hafner continue his growth?

When do pitchers and catchers report?

1 comment:

  1. Pitchers and catchers report Feb 16.
    Brother Drew reports March 16. Then, all will be right with the world again.

    ReplyDelete