Friday, December 14, 2007

The Mitchell Report

When the Mitchell Report came out yesterday instead of reading the 500 page document I was scouring it for players names. I was surprised that most of the names on the list weren't the typical steroid looking player like Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa or even Barry Bonds. It was guys like Tim Laker, Adam Piatt, and Chad Allen. I read some of the dialogue on these players and most of them used them to get to the next level or to get healthy and get back on the field. It is a shame that these guys risked their health to become that star player. I think was is even worse is the MLB was very slow to react to drug use in the league. I like the policy but I think players will continue to cheat if they don't find a way to test for everything. I think they should take not only a urine sample but blood as well - that way they have their bases covered.

1 comment:

  1. Selig won't lift a finger. And that is a good thing, because he is no Kenesaw Mountain Landis.

    ReplyDelete