Friday, November 09, 2007

Remembering our Troops

As Veteran's Day approaches us I thought I would pass along a few ideas if you would like to take time to thank our troops. The first idea I received in an email.

When doing your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to this address. If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of how many cards these wonderful special people who have sacrificed so much would get.

Send to: A Recovering American soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington,D.C. 20307-5001

An update to my original post (11/20) -

I heard on the radio today that if you don't have a soldier's name on your Christmas card the Walter Reed Center is returning the card to the sender. That is a shame - why can't they just pass them out?

My second idea would be to donate to the Freedom Calls Organization. Here is the link
http://www.freedomcalls.org/ They get the troops hooked up to their families back home when they can't make it back for a birth or a death of a family member.

I think these are two ideas that I will be acting on in the near future!

Thank you to all the Veterans who read our blog!

1 comment:

  1. An update to my original post -

    I heard on the radio today that if you don't have a soldier's name on your Christmas card the Walter Reed Center is returning the card to the sender. That is a shame - why can't they just pass them out?

    ReplyDelete