Friday, October 10, 2008

Cable TV Internet Synergy - TBS Hot Corner

As loathe as I am to say anything nice about something connected to Ted Turner, this TBS Hot Corner thingy ROCKS. You may know that I spent a couple years in college studying the radio-TV-film stuff. One of the things I really enjoyed and attracted me to this was the ability to get "behind the scenes" and see the uncut or raw footage. To be the director, if you will.


TBS is allowing anyone with an Internet connection to be their own director. They are streaming four camera angles and allowing viewers to choose the one they like or stick with all four in mosaic mode.

There seems to be about a thirty second latency on the stream I am watching now. I do not know if that is by design to preserve the ratings on TBS or simply a technological artifact. In any respect, it is like having your own instant replay.

If my son John ever finds out about this, he will be very hard to put in bed as long as the playoffs are on TBS. So - Fox - what about it? You brought us the miked base and the glowing hockey puck. Bring on the multi camera directors cut of live sporting events!

No comments:

Post a Comment