Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The World Series

I'm surprised that Phillies have a 3-1 lead right now as last night's game is suspended due to rain. I think there have been more than a few blunders not just by the umpires. I think Bud Selig and his crew have tried to force the issue when it comes to the weather. There is no way the game should have been played Saturday night. I think starting a game at 10pm when the fan base is on the East Coast is ridiculous. Then to have the field get as bad as it did was just stupid. This evening they are calling for bad weather again and Bud vows "to wait as long as necessary even if its until Thanksgiving". I think the comment that gets me ticked off the most is Bud saying if the Phillies were winning when the game was stopped he would have made them continue play to protect the integrity of the game. How is changing the rules when you feel like it protecting the integrity of the game? The Rays are lucky they scored in the top of the 6th inning so the game is tied. That protected the integrity of the game. Selig you are an idiot. It's time for a new Commissioner.

2 comments:

  1. And I'm surprised that Bud Selig didn't move the game to Miller Park in Milwaukee.

    ReplyDelete