Friday, October 14, 2005

I'm with the Infidel Crusaders

I've spent this evening catching up on some of my favorite blogs. (They will make the blogroll at the left soon). So I almost forgot to post at "Stop Me When I Am Lying". I want to make it at least a week before I abondon the daily post.

Be that as it may, I came across that al Qa'ida letter that was released by the Director of National Intelligence. It seems #2 (al-Zawahiri ) tells #3 ( al-Zarqawi) to (Im para-phrasing) "Hang in there buddy, this war is being waged in the media as much as it is being waged with munitions. And you know how the American media is. Remember Viet Nam? P. S. Send money"

Actual quote:

"You might ask an important question: What drives me to broach these matters
while we are in the din of war and the challenges of killing and combat?

My answer is, firstly: Things may develop faster than we imagine. The aftermath of the collapse of American power in Vietnam-and how they ran and left their agents-is noteworthy. Because of that, we must be ready starting now, before events overtake us, and before we are surprised by the conspiracies of the Americans and the United Nations and their plans to fill the void behind them. We must take the initiative and impose a fait accompli upon our enemies, instead of the enemy imposing one on us.."


The comparison of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Viet Nam is flawed on several levels.

  • The fact is, Iraq isn't a small containment operation that ballooned.
  • The fact is, the Iraqis are actually voting to ratify a constitution this week.
  • The fact is, that the American soldier and Marine are volunteers this time around.

All these facts contrast 'Nam. The constant is the media. If you follow the link above and read the letter, you will see that the polygamous Islamofacists are relying on their unwitting (I pray) dupes in the press to spin events in the manner the terrorists desire. I'm sure the bastards will not be disappointed.

As an aside, note how al-Zawahi laments that his favorite wife was killed by the Infidels. Would it been OK with him if his third favorite wife was killed?

No comments:

Post a Comment