Saturday, October 29, 2005

What is up with this??

Ok - I know I'm a few days late, but I've been busy. Why does the media make a big deal out of people's sexual preferences that athletes and celebrities feel the need to announce who they prefer to spend quality time with??? Sheryl Swoopes announced that she is a lesbian although she wasn't born that way. Ya think? In fact she was married at one point and has a seven year old son. The person I feel sorry for in this whole mess is her son, but getting back to the point - why do people feel the need to announce who they like to have special time with?? Why does our country make such a big deal about it. When I saw the headlines - the first thing that came to my mind was "I really do not need to know this". It just drives me nuts.

1 comment:

  1. Beats me. I think the culture at large is "what do they do behing closed doors?" obsessed. Just the next day, George Takei (Mr. Sulu from Star Trek)revealed his other than straight orientation.

    Did any average American ask himself, "I wonder which way Mr. Sulu swings?". A wag at The Corner on NationalReview.com said it lends a new meaning to "Beam me up Scotty". We all know that nobady actually said that, right?

    ReplyDelete