Sunday, October 09, 2005

Two Days, Two Posts. I'm batting 1.000

I don't claim to be profound or prolific, just consistent. You might know that tomorrow is "Back To Work Day". I'm starting a new job Monday. This is the first time I've started a new job in more than ten years. (Discounting my usher gig for the Captains, but that first day was also the third day of being a first-time dad so let's just say starting a new part time job wasn't my only worry at the time). Since there is an autumn chill in the air, it feels like back to school. I even bought new shoes. I'm wondering how long it will take before I settle into a routine. I'm not one who really fears change. But I like consistency. Knowing what to expect. Not having to give any thought to "Where is that water cooler?" or "What is that guy's name?". Share your do's and don'ts for starting a new job in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Did anyone sing the "NEW SHOES" song for you? or were you too young to have had Mrs. Gallop in Kindergarten?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody sang. I was overdressed in Dockers. So i wasn't going to point out that I wasn't wearing tennies.

    And I might have had Mrs. Gallop, kindergarten is only fuzzily recalled.

    ReplyDelete