Thursday, August 03, 2006

OH Boy! My commute home last night

Yesterday the President of the United States made a trip to the county I live in. He was to talk to some county officials about the recent flooding in the area and then attend a fund raising event for the Republican govenor candidate. When they plan these things - like the President landing in Cleveland between 4pm and 4:20pm - don't they think - this is really going to mess up traffic for thousands of Americans? After yesterday - my guess is heck no. I had to sit at a dead stop in 90 degree heat for about 30 minutes. With gas prices at floating between $2.79 - $2.99 per gallon what choice did I have but to kill the engine and the air conditioner. I turned the radio on from time to time to check and see if he landed yet. Why can't these fundraising events be during the day when fewer travelers are effected?

No comments:

Post a Comment