Saturday, February 24, 2007

Outrageous! a-ha was robbed!

What!? VH1 Classic is a pretty sure bet for a child of the Eighties when he is up late with his child of 2006. Always a video on that start a trip down memory lane. Sometimes Memory Lane is a dead end, but that is another topic for another day.

Last night I was watching VH1 Classic and they had "20 Top Videos of the Eighties" or some such thing. A countdown of ...well...you get it. Anyhow, whoever assigned rank and value to these videos must have the artistic sensibility of Twinkie addled baboon. They put "Take On Me" by a-ha at number eight. How in the name of Cindi Lauper can they place that video any lower the number one? That video is the best video of the Eighties. I don't know what they said was number one. I went to bed when "Take On Me" was named eight. It does not matter. Sure. Dire Straits' "Money For Nothing" was good. I could almost live with that. ZZ Tops' "Sharp Dressed Man" is almost worthy. But neither top "Take On Me"

I have a sick feeling that "Thriller" won. Don't tell me if you know. I am SO over it. That show was totally bogus.

,

3 comments:

  1. A small note of clarification; I was actually a teen / young adult of the Eighties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. S-S-S-S-S-S-S-
    A-A-A-A-A-A-A-
    F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-
    T-T-T-T--T--T-T-
    E-E-E-E-E-E-E-
    Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y

    Safety Dance by far is the best vid from the 80s. Take on Me didn't even have a midget.

    Robby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the eighties videos. I can't agree that Safety Dance was the best.

    ReplyDelete