Thursday, May 14, 2009

Brad Daugherty

I'll preface this post by stating that I am not an NBA fan. At times like this, I sometimes wish I could get excited about the NBA, but I'm not the "bandwagon" type. That is not to say that I don't read articles about the Cavs, or listen to news reports, or even watch moments of a broadcast (I do like Joe Tate, and will listen on occasion).

Now to the issue.

After I poured my morning cup of coffee, I began to peruse the PD. When I turned to the "Sporty Page", I noticed the following headline above "Cavaliers Insider": Daugherty's Cavs come out a winner

That intrigued me. The article began, "Former Cleveland center Brad Daugherty thinks his Cavs teams would beat the current edition." Daugherty concluded by stating, "...there's just no way that they could have matched up with us to stop our offense because we were too efficient." The body of the article allowed that James would be a handfull, but that Price ran the perfect pick-and-roll and Harper would have been the "X-factor" (whatever that means).

What the....?

Daugherty wrote this gem on ESPN's Media Zone Water Cooler. In other words, he wasn't asked about this, he just came up with it on his own.

I'm certain that Brad knows much more about the NBA than I do, but I remember his "edition" of the Cavs. They were good, but never won a championship. Never came close. Odds are better than even that this edition will.

Perhaps he's been commenting on NASCAR too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment