Sunday, May 07, 2006

Are the NBA playoffs fixed?

As I saw Gilbert Arenas miss two foul shots after being absolutely unconscious all game the thought crossed my mind. "Is this thing rigged?" The next day I see LeBron interviewed and a clip of him saying something the Arenas just before the throws. Now Mr. James claims he was playing mind-games. Taunting him, saying the game was over if he missed. But just think about it. Maybe he said "Stern called. The Cavs are advancing this year. We get better TV numbers. AND I can sell a Chinese boatload of jerseys. Bloggers can't even spell your name."

All I'm saying is, it just seems odd that a guy would miss BOTH throws when he wasn't missing all night. And I think the NBA is rigged. That's all.

2 comments:

  1. I swear to god that was what I was going to write in my blog. I did some research. And after reviewing the video tape, the first free throw just looked too strong, the second was a little dicey but to have LeBron whisper that and it to go down like it did makes you wonder. I'm glad I got a second look at it because I feel less inclined to think that or maybe I'm putting the blinders on. After yesterday's game there is no way the Cavs are going to beat the Pistons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. has anyone ever seen LeBron and and David Stern together at the same time?
    hmmmmmmmmmm....it does make one wonder.........

    ReplyDelete