Saturday, November 18, 2006

THE game.

I write this in the wee hours of the morning of November 18, 2006. OSU and U of M are scheduled to meet in a football contest the very afternoon. I think if I were to channel-surf this very moment I might see a pre-game show.

Don't get me wrong. I am pulling for Ohio State. But the speculation that this will be the greatest college football game - ever - reflect a profound self absorption. I am sure in the history of collegiate football there has been a game just as highly anticipated. But it was probably before ESPN. So it does not really count.

2 comments:

  1. Well, that was a really good game. I was most impressed by the many representatives of the Ohio law enforcement community who made tight formations around the goalposts at game's end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this OSU team is better than the team that won the National Championship in the 2002 season. I am kind of rooting for a rematch because I think it would be another exciting game but I still think that College should get rid of the BCS crap and establish a playoff system. This year proves as to why it would be more effective than ever before.

    ReplyDelete