Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas on the radio

I hear it is a national trend that more radio stations are playing Christmas music, and they started earlier. My local market seems to follow this trend. With all those hours to fill, do you suppose the overall quality of the music suffers? Do the programmers think we will tire of Bing and Perry and Nat and Burl? Do they pump in Twisted Sister to add spice? (I actually heard Twisted Sister singing Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas on NPR today. No pledge for You!)

Personally, I can't make an informed decision about the merits of more Christmas music on the radio. I listen to CDs. And I usually don't have the luxury of choosing them. But I'm not complaining, because John and James have really good taste in music. Too soon to tell with Patrick, but Mommy is training him well.

John heard We Three Kings the other day and he said "Hey! Is that George Strait?" Gotta love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment