Monday, April 09, 2007

YOUR Milwaukee Indians!

OK. This is truly strange. The Cleveland Indians will now play a home series in Milwaukee. How screwed up can your weather be that Wisconsin is a better, more temperate alternative? Yes, I know they have a dome. Still. When your weather in April is so inhospitable that important and powerful people say "Let's pack it up and try again in Milwaukee!", you got problems.

I am making no accusations, but are not the Brewers the team formerly owned by Bud Selig's family? Is not the team now owned by a powerful banker based in Southern California? Does not Miller Park stand to profit from this creative solution? How cozy. How convenient!

Tags: ,,

5 comments:

  1. I think that it is a better solution than playing in LA.....the Angels have to play in Fenway on Friday, and the Tribe needs to be in CLE on Friday.
    All tickets are $10 each, so I don't think that anyone is gouging anyone.....look for me 8 rows behind the 3rd base dugout on wednesday, ands 12 rows behind home plate on thursday afternoon! I'll be sitting next to my lovely bride, who stunned me by agreeing to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and another thing....Jacobs Field is buried in snow, with no guarantees that it could be playable by tuesday.
    The weather forecast is calling for rain on wednesday and thursday....so if the tribe were to lose 7 games from the schedule, they might not be able to recover, considering the logistics of making them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey matthewk.com - when can we retire so when the Indians decide to play in Arizona, we can just up and go??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really a conspiracy believer or promulgator. I just like stirring up comments.

    I'm pleased as can be that the Tribe is playing. And it is on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a good start....a win, in front of almost 20,000 people, all of whom did not plan on being there 48 hrs ago!

    ReplyDelete