Thursday, March 27, 2008

The new look of Progressive Field

I was taking the kids to the zoo yesterday and we passed by the old Jacobs new Progressive Field. Boy have they been busy re-branding the stadium. "Progressive Field" is now over the "Indians" on the scoreboard, they have two brick pillars on the outside that have "Progressive Field" (I don't remember the name Jacobs Field being here) and of course the main big sign from behind that you can see from Route 90 has "Progressive Field". I bet they have it on the back of every seat and inside every toilet stall. All of this was just two much for my 4 year old son who said he does not like the name because he can't say "Progressive" very well. I do wonder once you buy the naming rights does that give you the right to plaster your name everywhere? I guess the Dolans do not care as they got the $ and I'm guessing the city owns the stadium.

1 comment:

  1. So John still can't say Progressive. He recognizes the name in commercials and on the buildings on 271. He says "Oh I'll just call it Jacobs Field! It's too hard to say. Too cute! Now I wonder if James can say it. We'll have to see.

    ReplyDelete