Monday, January 02, 2006

For Me, Football Season Is Over

I just finished watching Ohio State defeat Notre Dame. Those were the last two teams still playing at any level in which I have any interest. The Tostitos Fiesta Bowl was a good contest. Looked beautiful on my HDTV. I even enjoyed a few Tostitos while watching it. Too bad Brent Mussberger called it. For some reason he grates on me like fingernails on a chalkboard.

The Cleveland Browns season mercifully ended yesterday. I really hate to admit it, but I keep getting drawn back to watching them and get excited when they win. It is like some nicotine addiction. You know it will probably end badly, but you think need your fix. Do I really care if Phil Savage remains? Not much. Do I read all the coverage in the papers about the Brownies? Nope. But when the game is on TV and I'm not changing my oil or involved in some other enjoyable pastime, I get emotionally invested in the game. I need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment