Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas Specials on TV

Have you watched any of the Christmas specials on TV? Which is your favorite? Matthew K brought up a good point the other night. He said remember when you could only watch "The Grinch" or even "Charlie Brown" on just one night - a special night that you wouldn't want to miss? Now thanks to DVD's our children have already seen both shows at least a handful of times. As I watched "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" with my boys (a favorite special when I was growing up) I realized that they could probably not share this classic with there children. The technology has changed so much. There is one scene where Cookie Monster is trying to type a letter to Santa about what he wants for Christmas but gets distracted because the different parts of the typewriter looks like different cookies or desserts. My 4 year old has never seen a typewriter before and didn't really understand how a typewriter works. I guess my boys will now have "Shrek the Halls" to pass down to my granddaughters (positive thinking on my part). It was an enjoyable show but there are some satire scenes in the show that they may not ever understand.

1 comment:

  1. I never knew Cookie Monster was blue as a boy. We had a b/w TV. Seeing the re-runs of Sesame Street makes me glad that I missed some of those colors. Sev-En-TEES!

    ReplyDelete