Friday, October 03, 2008

The 1st Round of Playoffs

Well I'm a bit surprised that the Dodgers and Phillies have jumped out to a 2-o lead. Although I do not follow the National League except because of who was traded I am rooting that the former Indians do well. CC has carried his team on his back to get to the playoffs but again he is not stepping up when it counts and his team might go home tomorrow. I am quite impressed how Tampa Bay keeps getting the clutch hit or home run when needed and then in the late innings piles it on. It will be interesting to see if the home cooking in Chicago will help them win at least one game. I'm not counting on it nor am I rooting for it. I haven't been able to watch any of the Redsox/Angels series. I guess the Angels are a bit flat without having to fight too hard to get into the playoffs.

On a side note - I'm a bit miffed that our local ESPN radio affiliate only carries the games when it "fits into their schedule". Its a bummer when I want to listen right before I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment