Friday, January 12, 2007

Good Product - GREAT Name! HKVAC-2000

I had a conversation at work today about blogs and blogging. I admitted that I have this humble site, but did not name it. My colleagues asked me "What do you post about?" I wanted to avoid talking politics , so I jokingly said "About the cool vacuum hair clipper my wife uses. Stuff like that."

Then I realized that the clipper in question really is a neat little device. Remington makes it. The clipper has a vacuum integral to its design, so most of the clippings are somewhat contained. Here is the kicker, though. I never knew the name of the device until I decided I was really going to make a post about it. The thing is called the HKVAC-2000. Doesn't it sound like Binford Tools should make the thing? Also evokes MST3K.

So there. An official product endorsement. And just to be transparent, this is not some Pay Per Post deal. I have not received any compensation for this review. However, if the good folks at Remington discover how thick my hair is I could be to Remington what Jared is to Subway.

By the way, if any of my colleagues got all curious and snooped around enough to find this post, leave a comment. First one to do so gets lunch at the local Mexican joint.

5 comments:

  1. YEssssss...I found it! Maybe I should look into getting one of those vacuum hair clippers. I cut my husbands hair all the time and it really makes a mess. Now I don't clean it up, I mean I am just the barber not a cleaning service. So maybe my husband would appreciate this because it would alleviate his cleaning duties afterwards. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Lunch is my treat. I hear they charge for a second helping of tortilla chips, however.

    I would recommend still using a sheet to cover shoulders and clothes. Stray clippings tend to escape. Perhaps the lovely Joyce K. (my personal stylist) can comment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want two minutes of spare time so I can go hunting around through blogs to find Keough's thoughts! What is anonymous doing all day??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely - you must use an old sheet. Especially if you have a helmet head :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay to Jessica! And if she needs someone to step in for that free lunch, I am available. :)

    ReplyDelete