Monday, January 22, 2007

Sara Evans - State Theater

Thanks to the generosity of my brother and his wife, Joyce and Matthew K got to see Sara Evans when she played the State Theater in Cleveland last week. Oh My! The nicest seats a man could ask for. I now know the following about Ms. Evans:
  1. She is better performer in concert than I had suspected.
  2. Her band is very good.
  3. She matches her toenail polish to her shoes.
  4. Her perfume is delightful.
  5. Freckles can be lovely.
I was really impressed by her stage presence. The show was well paced, with just the right amount of banter and introduction of the material. Her song selection on the albums carried through to excellent pacing in concert.

And did I mention she is a charmer? I would swear she was singing only to me during "Perfect". I know that is not the case. But that is the mark of an engaging performer. I would highly recommend you see her perform if she graces a stage near you.

Kudos to Radney Foster, who opened with an acoustic set of about a half hour. A member of Foster and Lloyd (I played their albums in my college radio days), he has also written hits for Sara Evans and Keith Urban. Some songwriters are shaky singers, not our Mr. Foster. Very strong voice, good guitar. I'd enjoy a longer show from him.

Technorati tags: , ,

3 comments:

  1. I know that she was not singing PERFECT to only you, as she kept staring at ME during the performance.
    Sarah performs in Erie, PA next Feb.10....road trip anyone?
    I just purchased tickets today for her 3/23 performance at Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven. Sorry to say, I have to settle for the 6th row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh brother! Can we say inflated egos??

    Brother Drew - better not take too many videos as security might not like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara was not staring at me. I will concede that. The reason? She was a little shy about flirting. She wanted to be more overt, but my lovely wife was right next to me. And I have noticed that my general hunkiness tends to stun the ladies into a stupor. They only LOOK like they are bored or looking past me. They are really just intimidated.

    ReplyDelete