Monday, January 22, 2007

Super Bowl XVI

Not to jump on the bandwagon or anything, but it is good to see Manning get to "the big game". Don't you laugh when you hear your local pizza joint or electronics store talk about "The Big Game"? They are afraid the jackbooted thugs from the NFL will shut them down if they actually say Super Bowl© ™? They may be right. I do not doubt the NFL's lawyers monitor 100 Watt AM radio stations, poised to slap a strongly worded letter together and post with next day delivery.

Where was I? Oh, right, Manning shook that monkey off his back. It may have been a gorilla, I heard that analogy also. Maybe it was a chimpanzee. I am old fashioned enough to enjoy the thought that two teams from the Midwest will meet for..um..you know...THAT game.

However, I am also practical enough to recognize the fact that the Colts moved from Baltimore rather underhandedly. Being a fan of the Browns, that makes me sensitive. The Bears are OK, but they remind me of the Cubs. Which is better than reminding me of the White Sox. Oops! The just reminded me of the White Sox.

I guess I'll just settle for enjoying the commercials until the Browns play in the Super Bowl© ™. Don't let me down, Madison Avenue!

, , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment